We encourage all passengers to make use of the possibility of traveling to/from our airport by train. Kraków Airport train station is located near the passenger terminal, at the rear of the multi-storey car park and connected with the terminal building by a footbridge. The connection is operated by Koleje Małopolskie (regional railways company operating in Małopolska Region). Trains are equipped with air conditioning, power outlets, WiFi and ticket machines. All trains also have spaces for disabled passengers and persons with reduced mobility (PRM).
Train/rout number SKA1 | Wieliczka Marketplace Salt Mine – Kraków Main Station – Kraków Airport
The timetable is avaiable on the Koleje Małopolskie website – here.
Tickets and fares:
- Kraków Airport – Kraków Main Train Station: PLN 17,00
- Kraków Airport – Wieliczka Salt Mine: PLN 21,00
- luggage: free of charge
- dogs: PLN 3,00
Where to buy a ticket:
- ticket machine in the passenger terminal, level 0 (cash payment or payment with credit/debit card)
- ticket machine at the train station (cash payment or payment with credit/debit card)
- train conductor on board (cash payment or payment with credit/debit card).
Disabled passengers and persons with reduced mobility (PRM).
- Kraków Airport train station is fully adapted to the needs of passengers with disabilities
- disabled person /PRM will receive our assistance from the exit of the train, to take a seat on the plane
RENTAL A BUS
Changing how the world travels
We’re on a journey to transform ordinary trips into extraordinary ones. We are your guide, bringing you personal experiences. Wherever your travels take you, we’ll show you the unique and unmissable things to do in your destination. With GetYourGuide on your side (and in your pocket), creating memorable moments has never been easier. Today, millions have used GetYourGuide to turn their travel dreams into reality. And we’re just getting started. We’re changing the way people connect to the places they visit so anyone can create their dream vacation. It’s your journey, your way.
Say goodbye to stress
Browse and book, and we’ll tell you when to be where. You can just focus on having a great time.
Taxi and private carriers TOP 10
Located in southern Poland, Krakow Airport is a major transportation hub that serves the city of Krakow and the surrounding region. From the airport, there are many popular destinations that are within easy reach by car, shuttle, or public transportation. Here are the top five most popular destinations near Krakow Airport:
- Krakow: As the second largest city in Poland, Krakow is a major cultural and historical center with a rich history dating back to the 7th century. The city is home to numerous landmarks and attractions, including the Wawel Castle, the Main Market Square, and the Kazimierz Jewish Quarter.
- Auschwitz: Located about an hour’s drive from Krakow, Auschwitz is a site of great historical significance and a must-see destination for visitors to the region. The former Nazi concentration camp has been turned into a museum, where visitors can learn about the atrocities that occurred there during World War II.
- Wieliczka Salt Mine: Another popular destination located just outside of Krakow is the Wieliczka Salt Mine, a UNESCO World Heritage site that has been in operation for over 700 years. The mine is home to a network of tunnels, chapels, and sculptures carved out of salt, and offers guided tours to visitors.
- Zakopane: Located in the Tatras Mountains, Zakopane is a popular ski resort and a great destination for outdoor enthusiasts. In the winter, the town is filled with skiers and snowboarders enjoying the slopes, while in the summer, it is a popular spot for hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding.
- Tatra National Park: Located just a short drive from Zakopane, Tatra National Park is a stunning natural reserve that is home to a variety of flora and fauna, as well as towering peaks and glaciers. The park is a popular destination for hiking, climbing, and photography, and offers a variety of trails for visitors to explore.
These are just a few of the many popular destinations that are easily accessible from Krakow Airport. Whether you’re interested in history, culture, or outdoor adventure, there is something for everyone in this beautiful region of Poland.